Sunday, June 12, 2016

My Country's Deadly Addiction

People of the Internet I am heartbroken to be posting about a mass shooting that is shaping up to be the worse mass shooting in my country's history, and another thing that will change the way I see my reality. Whenever I go to the movies I no longer sit where I can see the screen perfectly but where I can get to the exit as soon as possible in case someone starts shooting. In the my colleges library I keep my belongings close at hand so that I won't have to leave them behind in case someone starts shooting. In the-now rare-instances where my family goes out in public I keep each of them in  eye sight so that we can escape together in case someone starts shooting. I am scared, sad, and beyond enraged that this is the world that I, my loved ones, and all the future generations of my family live in and I am demanding that something , anything, be done to cure my country of its addiction to lead and gun powder before its too late.

Live well, Laugh often, Love much, and Pray that better days are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment