Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring cleaning

Hello people of the internet! I am writing this as the third day of my Spring cleaning come to a close. Well technically I only did one day of Spring "cleaning" and two heavy days of Spring shopping. My mom and I practically robbed Anna's linens of two new complete bed sets for my sister and I and all new appliances and curtains for the bathroom.
Tomorrow we plan on hitting the thrift shop for more finds and a nice new chair for my sewing desk that will find it's new home next to my window. That is if we can get it out of the bathroom. You see my water closet is divided into two sections, one holding the toilet and bath/slash shower and the other a powder room with a walk in closet. The year before I went to college the whole tile floor on the first level had to be replaced and since the only places that didn't have tile was the living room and bedrooms we had to clear out the closet.
When the work was done my mom got the idea that instead of just shoving the clothes back in we turn the space into a hobby room for me and I agreed. Since getting my sewing machine that Christmas I had done all my projects in the living room and the clean up was a nightmare! You have not known back pain until you have tried to pick out thread, straight pins, and sewing pattern paper out of a rug! But I digress, anyway, I thought at the time that a smaller and enclosed space would spare me-and the rest of my family-the frustration that came with my sewing space. Oh how wrong was I.
I don't know if it's just me but for some reason no matter what sewing project I'm doing, big or small, it always ends with me in my panties and underwear sweating like a pig. And that was when I had a huge, well ventilated, room to work in. Thinking on it I only think I worked in the closet twice before I I swore never to do it again, putting the lovely blue craft desk my mom and I had snagged at a thrift shop, to waist. Well that changed with this clean up, but when my mom and I went to take out the desk we got as far as the powder room. We realized that the  only way we were going to have to take it apart to get it out. As frustrating as this is it will be worth it because of the project I have planned which I will share with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment