Sunday, March 2, 2014

Why Disney is so popular

Hello people of the internet! As you know we are hours away from seeing if Disney's newest song, Let it go, will snag the best song award and I for one think its got it in the bag. Why? Because let it go is one of the best Disney song since Once upon a dream, Under the sea, and Be our guest.  Not only is it beautifully orchestrated and sung-curtsy of the talented Idina Menzel-but its message of excepting who and what you are and not giving a damn of what the world may think is powerful and relatable, another excellent product from the Disney's catering service.
And when I say catering I don't mean food. You see I believe the reason why films produced by that movie giant with a talking rodent for a mascot is so popular is because they know how to cater to the wants and desire's of their audience.  They have the pretty princesses for the girls, the action for the boys, and the witty writing and comedy for the parents that came to the movies to make sure no perverts ran off with their kids.
The reason this is not another example of Hollywood's tactic to scam you out of your money is because unlike other catering films *cough-Twilight-cough* Disney films actually try to entertain you. You know that when you pop in that old VHS or sit down in that popcorn butter smelling theater seat to watch a Disney flick you are going to be entertained at least for a minute at some point in the film. Hell these guys will actually create a whole new computer system just for their character's  hair, like they did for Rapunzel and Merida  from Tangled and Brave!
Also unlike other catering film *cough-hunger games-cough* Disney films don't toss the their values or the values of the story they are telling out the window just to rake in more money. In between the musical numbers and colorful animation you can still find the message Disney is trying to teach.
And though I admit they do have some instance's  of selling out *cough-Jessie, Austin and Alley, Hannah Montana, and all other Disney TV shows besides Phineas and Ferb-cough* we forgive them for it because if we were to hate them we would be hating our child hood.
One of the greatest things of being born in 1993 is that I was able to catch all the Disney classics and still have them tucked away on a shelf, covered in fake cobwebs my sister was too lazy to clean up from last Halloween, in my garage and will watch each and everyone of them until the tape wears down.
Not only is Disney a huge part of my childhood but what makes me excited when I have kids of my own. I want to sing along to Ariel's Part of your world with my daughter. I want to awe as toys come to life in Toy Story with my sun. I want feel the joy filling my heart as I stand on main street USA with my children watching as their characters come to life and entertain them.
I know all good things must come to an end but all wonderful things are immortal and I hope with every ounce of me that Let it go and the movie that goes with it will continute to thrive through out time entertaining,

No comments:

Post a Comment