Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Chalk flvored pepto and x rays

Hello people of the internet! While you guys were enjoying your tuesday I was busy chocking down a wholesome glass of chalk flavored pepto sprinkled with lip burning pop rocks. You see, before I could take the final steps towards getting my gastric bypass surgery I had to go to the radiologist and get some picks of my stomach.  But before I could do it I had to starve from 12 p.m. monday to about 8:00 clock tuesday!

And thirsty


As uncomfortable as this was at least the people at the doctor's office weren't total douches; they even had a small basket of snacks that I could have after I was done which made them saints in my eyes. However they do get some points taken off for leaving me hanging when I had to change out of my clothes and into a robe. Unlike your standard hospital gowns that present your bare as to the world like a presenter at the oscars the gown I wore offered a lot more  coverage  by way of a third hole which you loop your right arm through much like a toga. While I was relieved to be spared the embarrassment of accidental nudity I was stuck in that small changing-room-type-stall for a good two minutes because I had no idea how to put the thing on!


The thing had a tag but when I managed to it in the back it the collar nearly chocked me and exposed all
my stuff! Thank God I was able to catch and lock the door-which I had forgotten to lock-before the nurse came back in. Unfortunately for my pride I had to ask my mom for help and could finally go into the room. There I was introduced to the new form of embarrassment of trying to make small talk with a male nurse while we waited for the doctor and both of us knowing that I only had on a pair of panties on beneath the gown. 


Thankfully we didn't have to wait long and after a I singed a few consent forms I stepped up to the machine and introduced my taste buds to the drink I named above. The real name is called barium and though it was not the most disgusting thing I had ever taste it was the most uncomfortable because I had no choice but to drink it. You see when you drink barium it shows up on the x-ray like the picture below.
FYI this is not my x ray
When I looked over on the monitor and saw this I freaked out a bit. Thanks to my mom's sharp eye during my childhood and my general caution I had never sustained an injury server enough to need an x-ray and when I saw this I was struck by how fragile it looked. My stomach flexed and pulsed and it was hard to believe that pretty soon it would be cut down to the size of an ice cube. As quickly as this moment came it left and I was sent out of the office with a sort of queasy feeling in my stomach and a granola bar in my hand. As uncomfortable as this experience was I am thankful for it. My doctor should be calling me with my surgery appointment any day now and I can't wait!


Sources 

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26/xLostlnThisWorld/Vampire%20Diaries/tumblr_lj22zmIidT1qealwto1_500.gif

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRFQX1r0VCloabY-GVl4wAPji35A-XEixpTMZvEZKmlqxsWet8eA\

http://himynameisawkward.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/well_this_is_awkward.gif

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000cD3wLKFhuS0/s/600/600/350490.jpg

















No comments:

Post a Comment